Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A side project.

I was reading on Dwell's web page one day about a competition that they were holding for people to come up with fabric designs. I was beyond excited when i read about this, because for the longest time Jared has been on me about making pillows and how he really wanted to come up with our own fabric designs for things around the house. Being lazy, I still have not made a thing but it doesn't mean the I haven't thought about it.
So Jared came up with 3 ideas for fabric.
 Atomic dwelling  (get it)


 Lights on

Wood wheel

We got pretty crazy with the titles now didn't we.
I was STOKED when a few days after he had submitted the three, the Atomic Dwelling pattern was put up on the website for everyone to see.
What I was not so thrilled about was that he didn't make it in the the top 10. Oh well there will be other chances and contest for us to look forward to.
If anyone knows or comes across any that he may be able to submit some idea for, please pass it along. He is a pretty handy fellow and we got to get him out there in some sort of way.
Anyways, the top 10 are posted   HERE so check them out to see what you think for your self. 
But I really wanted to go to Dwell on Design this year :(

3 comments:

  1. oh those look awesome!!! I did check out the others on Dwell. I must say i liked some of those a lot. but that is probably because they went with my decor in my home. ya'll are talented for sure! can you make me some fabric and pillows, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GUYS HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TALENT, IT'S NOT FAIR :) I THINK MY FAVORITE IS THE "LIGHTS ON" IT WOULD MAKE THE PERFECT DUVET COVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd frame a piece of the "lights on" one. To be honest, all three are amazing. That one would look good as a wallpaper as well :)

    ReplyDelete