Thursday, April 28, 2011

The inside scoop

So, you have see some of the outside photos and now it is time for the inside. These photos were all taken while we were in the process of closing on the house, and sense then the transformation has been well on it's way. We were really lucky to find a place that actually has a pretty nice interior, and most changes are cosmetic and making it our own.





Come on it and meet our living room!




 This is the material that is on the room divider as you enter the front door. I have no idea what it is called but it is textures and perfect! The room divider was something that sold me right as you walk in the door to the whole house. Perfect place to display a collection of the many that I am acquiring.

The floors are the original hard wood from the 50's. They are in great condition with a few minor dings in the hall way but it's all gravy!

I really stink! I can not seem to remember if I took or find any other photos of the kitchen! MAN! Well we really haven't done much and won't for a while but here it the corner of the kitchen haha! The sink is here and the window is facing the carport. Sorry folks!

On to the den. This was actually an addition to the house in the 60's. You can't even really tell that it was an add on except for the stinky window in the kitchen photo with wood paneling. Jared wouldn't even think of a house with out a fire place. Good thing they added this or I am sure that we would still be looking. I'll let you all in on Jared's fascination of fire places in a post to come so look for it if you too die for fire places!


 One thing about this room, is that it is covered in wall to wall wood paneling. YUP! It makes me laugh because it really does feel like a den and "man's room" when you enter it. I am sure that is what it will turn out to be anyways. If you can tell, the wood has a pretty high gloss poly coating it all. It's hilarious!
But has to go....
 Just a little peek in to the back yard. The slider has a huge window a foot away and allows from some great light in the day.


On to the bathroom. THe house only has one bathroom and it is small! A girl loves a big bathroom so I have to learn to make this work, and we will.



I know that these are not the best photos but in the beginning I told you all that I am no photographer.
Here are the two bedrooms that we have.
They are actually a pretty good size each of them.

Each room has a built in closet. I have only one photo of the one in the master but they are the same in each room. How cute are they! I love the top part where I get to display all my shoes! I do need a step ladder to get to them but hey they look so amazing up there! And it is so deep! I was able to keep them all in their boxes too! Like you really care...

 Any why would someone leave a house and take all the light coverings and sockets? Well they did! In every room! We had to buy over 26 plates to cover them all again! Well we were going to switch them to stainless anyhow but still.... You took all the appliances why the light covers too! Bitches!

 Bedroom two... Cute ya! It is a little smaller then the master but it is going to be our creative hole! Sewing, music writing, dog snuggling, and fun will all happen here!


So many ideas and excite all the way to get this project underway!
It isn't in bad shape and the colors aren't to shabby either so we did luck out.
Stay tuned for whats to come!

1 comment: