Friday, May 6, 2011

Secrets of a Boy

First thing, I am learning new things every day! I am getting pretty proud of myself for grabbing technology by the ear and forcing my way it to it's life.

Enough ... SO I wanted to let you all in on who Jared Luke REALLY is. I know, you must be thinking "What the heck does any of this have to do with the house?" but oh just you wait! (Heheheh)
I know most of you have known Jared for along time, but there are secrets to everyone.
He is 100% crazy. He is, but in a good way. I can not even begin to describe the planing and list that go on inside this house, relationship, life, everywhere! At times it really makes me crazy. I am not really a planer. I let things happen and just do what I do because I want to every day. Jared can not have this life like that.

So on to the crazy talk.

I am sorry some of these are side ways...


Ok ... Here is the "To Do list that is living on our refrigerator right now and it will probably never leave. Just when I think that we are getting somewhere, something more appears on the list. There are boxes next to each item and it is broken down by room or area of the house like back yard, exterior ... blah blah. The stars next to some of the "to do's" are priority.

Next: The Black Binder


This is where a lot of the plans, samples, inspiration sources, and ideas live. I like hard copy tangible (gosh I love that word) things. I want to hold it, look at it and have it over and over! I am that way with to many things that really have no connection to this blog so we will leave it at that. Well Jared is the same way but also keeps folders upon folders all over my desk top on the computer! But in the end this will be great to look back on for future adventures.  

 And more to do....

Resources and hoodie hoo

Some ideas for flooring ... 



A small selection of the millions of swatches that are all over the house. We pretty much can fill a drawer with them and they are all just a shade lighter or darker then one another. 

Dream ranch house

Den

Living room 

Geeze, I am really sorry these are all sideways .. I have to fix that sometime. But there are also some sketches of what our house needs to look like one day per Jared. From exactly what fixtures we need to look for to where some of our art and wall hangings are to be placed. We will see if we ever get to this point. 

In reality, I am so lucky to have this guy around because if it wasn't for his planing who knows where we would be on this project. And slowly we check off the boxes. 











2 comments: