Saturday, August 20, 2011

"LOO" La La ....

So, I have been hesitating on this post for some time now. I try and get Jared to do the one's like this because for : 1) I was in L.A. for most of this demolition, there for I had no real hands on experience with it and can't go in to "guy talk" detail, but can mis spell about everything with in the entire post and REALLY teach you all how to go about a run on sentence. Oh and 2) There is a lot that is going to go in to this post, so hold tight to those panties!
I am going to have to break it down in probably a few posts, to keep you all interested as well as give me something to continually write about.
BATHROOM!
I really wanted a house with at least two bathrooms. I know, it seems more and more that I am just a horrible complainer but really I am. It is just because it all stems back to my problem of collecting things. I feel more and more that I am on the verge or "Hoardisim". I just have to much stuff, and I like to see it all while I am in the process of getting ready so I know what my options are. Even though it is obvious that I get ready in 15 and I'm kind of a "dirt bag" in the sense of dirt. Another story. But the Bathroom. Yes we only have one, but it works and it the only room in the house that in 1oo%, kind of.

These are some of the "before" photos that we took. I don't know if you can tell, but it is not the biggest of spaces. I know my camera work is deceiving.  Tub, toilet, sink, vanity, what more do you need... space?

It had white and dark red tile along the counter top, some great sliding doors on the tub, and some old VCT flooring which was actually pretty cool. So much had to be done with in the bathroom that we needed to rip it all out and there was no way to save the floor, or anything in that case.




First things first, in deciding to re-do the bathroom, we had to check out all the plumbing and see what type of condition it was all it. Like you all have already seen and read about it previous post's, plumbing has been the greatest area of opportunity for us here, as well as the most costly. But it is smart to get it all done at ONE TIME. If you ever have a plumber come check things out and give an diagnosis on what you probably should do, do what the man says. I know it may be a lot of $$ but it is for your own good!  

And what do you think the chances were that we had to replace the plumbing in the entire bathroom? You got it, 100%. :(

On with the demo....
Here are some photos taken during the process of tearing everything out to try and get to all of the plumbing with in the floors of the bathroom. 

Here is where we started. The doors from the tub were removed so there was more room to get in the area where the faucet is to get to the plumbing. You will also take a little note that in this process, Jared did a smooth job in breaking out the bathroom window too. 
We also had to remove all of the old tiling from with in the shower area to replace it with the NEW tile that we picked out. 
This is where we thought we were starting but little did we know, it was really just the start. 
We were and had planed on doing new tile, new floor, new toilet (because who know's who sat there before :) )and new sink. 
As we got a little further along, we decided on doing a new tub all together as well. So on my following trip home to Vegas, this is what I came home to:



Holy F word! "What happened to the bathroom, and who and how are we going to put it all back together again?" Were the thought going through my head. Jared kept updating me on the progress while I was away but I really had no idea it was turning in to this, and I don't think he thought it would be like this either. 

We did our best to turn the frowns up side down and smile them away because this is what we did buy a house for, to make it our own, Right?!?
One thing about Jared is that he  believes that he can do anything, that he watches on YouTube. There are a lot of things on YouTube. SO with my faith in Jared, I headed back to L.A. and left the fate of the bathroom all up to him. 

Another two weeks went by and I made another trip home. Low and behold, we had a tub!!! A new tub at that too. The plumbing dealing with the tub and toilet had all been completed and it was time we started putting everything back together again. 



I know it still looks a little scary in there but, believe me, YouTube is God. 

To be Continued......



No comments:

Post a Comment