Sunday, August 7, 2011

A collection in progress.

I love collecting! I love looking at whatever the collection is from beginning through never ending. Feeding it with whatever you find, and watching it grow and grow. Jared thinks that I am crazy and maybe a hoarder, but these "collections" -o- mine are not out of control, yet.
I collect clothes, (hello I work in retail) shoes... oh the beautiful shoes. Books, I am a huge believer in print and I am trying my best to keep it going. Magazines as well. I read Vogue, Bazar, Paper, and Lula magazine on a normal basis and have a closet full of the old issues archived in chronological order. I look through them from time to time to get new inspiration because everything does come to a circle.
But the collection that I want to share with you all is my love for Cathrineholm enameled dishes. Oh I love them! The colors, simple lotus leaf design and character!

Here is mine so far. How I just really love to look at it! It's so pretty right?

Carthrineholm is originally from Norway. For those of you that are interested on learning a bit more of the history please check out : here and here for the facts.

I first came across these dishes just while looking on blogs such as the photo below, as well as going to antique markets. I loved them. You can and will often see them in many mid century homes that people are restoring and I wanted our home to have a part of it as well.




When I first stared, I only wanted specific colors. Silly silly really because they are all great! 

You can see that I don't have any red or black pieces but that doesn't mean that I won't ever. I also have a few pieces around the house and we are working on displaying more of them as well move along with our house project. 








It is still continuing to grow and I am always looking for new pieces to add. They are the PERFECT GIFT (hint hint) for any occasion also! 





1 comment: