Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Making the outside match the inside.

Being a lady of a cretin age, there comes a time where a "face lift" may be an option. And I am talking about the house, here, folks. Through the past several months while we have lived here, our main concern was the interior and making this place our home. Finally we have gotten to a point to where it really does feel like home and I personally just like to sit and marinate in what we have created together. (ts ts ts) But, and there always is one, driving home each day and pulling up in the driveway, the exterior really didn't have the same effect on us as the interior. I mean ... she's showing her age!

Well with a penny here and a lot-o-money there... WE. MADE. THING. HAPPEN....

WARNING:
This will probably turn in to a two part er post once again because I think I have a lot to cover.. maybe we will see but stick with us.

Down to business. The house, plaster, paint.
Of course we looked through pictures upon pictures to find the perfect "make up" for our leading lady at hand. This is never an easy task for the two of us. We agree, we don't, we do and then we don't again and I say "whatever you like, I'm sure I'll like as well." (But he knows me all to well) And weeks later, we agree on something. Real life.

SO here is a little bit of the process that we went through in starting our quest to the perfect color combo. (Personally, mine is black and gold fo life!)






OH there are more....




I really tried to warn you all ... and now for a few real life inspiration...





My favorite: 

I hope the vision is coming together for all of you readers out there, well 9 of you.
And now for a little bit of real life action. We are not all talk here, we do.

I know what you are all saying... BUT OF COURSE IT WILL HAVE ORANGE, AND OF COURSE IT WILL HAVE SOME WHAT OF A GREEN BECAUSE THAT'S WHO WE ARE!

It would just be stupid for us to start right out on the house. Good thing we have this torture chamber in our back yard that we can make mischief  experiment on! And away we go....





Drum roll: 
SEAL SKIN - Trim, awnings
AUSTIN MUSIC - Accents....
and the base .... wait, we have to re plaster the whole house :( 

To be continued......  


No comments:

Post a Comment